Update: station improvements
- In the second half of this year, we will be replacing self service ticket machines with new models as well as adding additional machines at our principal stations along our route. The new models will be more reliable, dispense notes within the change given, and have a magnetic flap to ensure collection of tickets is done when all have been fully dispensed.
- We have ordered automatic ticket gates to be installed at a number of our stations plus some key Network Rail stations which we use such as Euston, Manchester and Birmingham New Street. The full list of stations at which they will be installed is yet to be finalised but Crewe and stations along the Stoke -Manchester and Birmingham – Rugby corridors are being prioritised. This will help to ensure all passengers are treated fairly over ticketing.
- We are finalising details of schemes to improve concourse and ticket retailing facilities for customers at Coventry, Stafford, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent and Preston. It is anticipated that works will start around mid 2015 and be complete by March 2016.
- In March we undertook a heavy clean at five of the stations we manage, namely Carlisle, Lancaster, Warrington Bank Quay, Stoke-on-Trent and Wolverhampton.
- We have now commenced a £2.3m renewals programme for waiting areas and toilet areas at a number of our managed stations.